Faculty of Theology Honours the Indexing of the Dead Sea Scrolls Using the Methods of Digital Humanities / Theologische Fakultät würdigt Erschließung der Schriftrollen vom Toten Meer mit Methoden der Digital Humanities
“Pnina Shor, the director of the Qumran Department of the Israeli Antiquities Authority (IAA) in Jerusalem, shall receive an honorary doctorate from the Göttingen Faculty of Theology. With this award, the Faculty honours the Israeli scholar “for her outstanding achievement in the planning and realisation as well as the continuous development of the Leon Levy Dead Sea Scrolls Digital Library” (https://www.deadseascrolls.org.il), in which all the finds from the Dead Sea Scrolls are made available and indexed in the highest quality for purposes of research and teaching.”
- Tercatin, Rosella, “German-Israeli project to bring the Dead Sea Scrolls alive on the screen,” Jerusalem Post, May 20, 2020.
“A German-Israeli project aims to bring the digitization of the Dead Sea Scrolls to a new level by June 2021, allowing scholars and the public alike to access and examine the 2,000-years-old materials as never before.”R. Tercatin, (see above).
“We are creating two main resources, a website that provides digital editions of the Dead Sea Scrolls, and a web-based research environment that enables scholars to create and share their own digital critical editions of individual manuscripts,” project manager Bronson Brown-deVost explained. … What exactly defines a digital edition?
“First, an editor usually organizes the material for the edition.” … “Secondly, the editor will decide how to instruct the edition and what accompanying notes and commentary should be included in it. Due to the limitations of print, the editor must usually place boundaries on how much ancillary information is in the volume and how much is limited by the print media itself …. Such restrictions do not apply to digital editions.”B. Brown-deVost, in: R. Tercatin, (see above).
Other Press Articles and Releases
- Dead Sea Scrolls Puzzle Pieces to Be Matched via Digitizing: By JNi.Media
- The Dead Sea Scrolls – The Next Generation: Israel Antiquities Authority
- The Dead Sea Scrolls – The Next Generation: Meghillot Haifa
- The Göttingen Campus: brief description of project
- Göttinger Forschung zu uralten Qumranrollen: Göttinger Tageblatt
- Jigsaw Puzzles, Paper Doll Chains . . . and Computers: Material Reconstruction of the Dead Sea Scrolls: Carol A. Newsom, AAR Spring 2017 Bulletin
- Manuscritos on-line: Márcio Tonetti, Revista Adventista
- Manuscript Reconstruction Workshop, Göttingen 2017: Kipp Davis, TWU Dead Sea Scrolls Institute facebook page
- Pressmitteilung: Georg-August-Universität, Theologische Fakultät
- Scripta qumranica electronica: École Pratique des Hautes Études
- Scripta Qumranica Electronica: Eine Verbunddatenbank und virtuelle Forschungsumgebung für die Texte vom Toten Meer: DFG
- לראשונה: מאגר מידע דיגיטלי למגילות מדבר יהודה
- מגילות מדבר יהודה – הדור הבא: מגלות, חיפה